- Strength training is the fasted way to increase lean muscle mass. Each pound of lean muscle mass burns 35-50 calories per day.
- Unlike men, women don't gain size from strength training because we have 10-30 times less of the hormones that cause muscle hypertrophy. However, we will develop tone and definition.
- Research has found that weight training can increase spinal bone mineral density by 13% in 6 months. This is our best defense against osteoporosis.
- A Harvard study found that 10 weeks of strength training reduced clinical depression symptoms more successfully than standard counseling did. Mainly because women who strength train commonly feel more confident and capable.
- In addition to reshaping your body, strength training also reduces stress, improves flexibilty and balance, promotes better sleep and helps prevent injury
So what are you waiting for? Make strength training a part of your routine for 2010.